Saturday 17 May 2014

Highlights of my first year at uni; Part 1. Congratulations it's a horse

During my first year I was given three moving image projects and I have never done a moving image project on a graphic design. I have studied media before but this was to prove of only minimal use as the software that I was to use was different, the hardware was new and sometimes strange.

We were give the brief of; create a title sequence for a fictional TV program from Charlie Brooker's website http://www.tvgohome.com/. We were given the sitcom "Congratulations, it's a horse". I say we as I was working with my good friend Sophie Taylor. This was the definition we of the program.

Over the first week we came up with the idea of it being stop animation or a POV scene. However, at the end of the week, the tutors did not like it. So we took it on board and just decided the only way to achieve what they thought would work, would be to green screen it. Yes it would look tacky and have a low production value but it would get the job done. We filmed it all in one day and edited it 2 days. The illustrations are done by Sophie and work really well with my bad action on top of them.

65 was the grade that me and Sophie achieved for this piece which, safe to say I thought was a great a achievement.

 Below you can see the finished film;

No comments:

Post a Comment