Monday 16 June 2014

All Typography Posters *Sung in a Nico Style*



I know it's all very fashionable to say that I am a fan of the Velvet underground and it is also very fashionable to say that the Velvet Underground and Nico album is one of the best albums ever made. But I am not saying it because it is fashionable, I am saying it because it is true. I did these posters to pay tribute to that great band. Ever since Lou Reed's passing I wanted to make something that I could be proud of to say how awesome he was (Metal Machine Music and all).

The Velvets lyrics are almost as important as the ground breaking music that they made. I have taken a snippets from a selection of the best and most interesting lyrics. Dare, I say it one of these songs is sung by Nico. I tried to get a typeface match for the albums but this was not easy.

If you have not listened to any of their albums, do it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment