Thursday 17 July 2014

Psychedelia has Gotten to Me

Whether people have noticed or not, I have recently become a big fan of Psychedelic poster design as well as the music to accompany it. The debut album by 13th floor elevators is an amazing piece of art as well as the mind opening music. The Piper at the Gates of the Dawn is also an important album to me. The best Pink Floyd album in my opinion. 

But back to posters; very regularly they would feature strange images or nudity just to draw people to the poster. This also made it link to the hippy mood at the time who's mind expanding drugs made them see some strange things. I haven't taken any to make these posters but I do like the styles that they created. The colours were wild, so I have chosen some of them for mine. They were originally screen printed back in the day, unfortunately this process is not easy to come by at home. So these posters were done on a computer. I hope that you like them. Don't be scared of them. Please.



No comments:

Post a Comment