Sunday 6 July 2014

The Lights are Blinding My Eyes

Over the holiday, I got heavily obsessed with light and how much of it is used in America. Lights seem to be on 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Even in this country lights always seem to be on, maybe not in homes but in town centers and street lights. It baffles me how much engergy we use.

This was a "Lightbulb" moment, I chose to utilize this to see what shots I could get. I soon discovered moving as the shutter was taking a picture was enough to generate some fabulous results. Click the images to see them full screen. They are better at that size.


I have always been obsessed with the idea of long exposure shots and especially doing them with light sources. Seeing the results that other people have managed to accomplish employing this technique made me wanna have ago. I have gone for the more abstract patterns rather than trying to spell words or tells because I know that has been done numerous times before by hipsters, who think they are so arty and cool.




 ...and with heavy tinkering around with the levels tool you end up with the chaotic but beautifully strange image.




No comments:

Post a Comment