Tuesday 4 August 2015

I Told You I Was Trouble

Amy Winehouse, what can I say. I knew about Valerie, her hit collab cover single of before the rest of her material. I haven't listened to her albums but the songs I have heard are great. She sounds like her heroes. "Stronger Than Me" is a tear jerker, "Back to Black" is sassy and "Rehab" is defiant. Her versions of "I heard it through the grapevine" and "Don't go to Strangers" with Jools Holland and Paul Weller are great too.

NME were doing an feature to promote the new movie "Amy" about her life and times and her music. of course. It's controversial if you read the article but they were given access to home photos of her at the beginning of her career which make this have a personal feel to it. I really like this layout and it's way harder than it looks. You have to fit so much text into such a limited space, use the RIGHT photos and fit the box outs in.

No comments:

Post a Comment