Saturday 26 September 2015

Art Wonder Everywhere?

 
 Inspiration comes from odd places of course it does, thats why when it strikes you it is a pleasant surprise. So imagine listening to Radio 4 and a piece about an art gallery opening in Africa come on. and you think that will be a brilliant to do branding for an art gallery. One of my favourite design companies "Experimental Jetset" did a spot of branding for the Whitney museum and it looked amazing. I think I will follow this up with individual posters for exhibitions because I like.

When you see a great piece of art, you sit in awe of it hence the name. The AWE gallery was born and the first idea I sketched done was similar to the above finished logo. I needed a subtitle to the gallery, something snappy that could attract people to this fictional venture, & deemed an acronym would make sense. Art...wonder...everywhere?...everyday! For A 7 day a week museum of art made it made so much sense to choose everyday over everyday.

 

Below is my adverting campaign at a bus stop, as you will know big type is my thing so to see "Art Wonder Everyday" massive on the street will surely draw your attention, it certainly would me. So a bit of bias on design and with the artists on the ad. I am an art fan, I find wandering round the tate fabulous, but most of it, I don't get, so to promote this I only chose artists I like, "expect Lichtenstein, Duchamp, Warhol, Rosenquist, Picasso, Dali, Pollock, Mondrian, Banksy, Blake & Magritte."  So now you know what art I like.




No comments:

Post a Comment