Monday 28 September 2015

Communication Breakdown; Motown Style

 
 



Imagine doing four different flyer designs for four different events (16 designs in total) and in the end you only really needed to do four different flyers designs for all four events (4 designs in total). That is exactly what happened to my new Client; the Chester Le Street Soul Club. After my message sitting in their inbox for a few months, I got a reply and hurried to make some sexy looking designs to impress.

The client was using templates for flyers and mod based imagery on the facebook page so as a rebrand concept I stripped the colours away and went for high contrast imagery of the soul stars they spin on a regular basis. I had to cover the range of soul music; Stax (Otis Redding/Aretha Franklin) & Motown (The Supremes/Martha Reeves) as well as all of the other various labels who put out Soul (Phillies, United Artists, Atlanic). It's a broad church.

No comments:

Post a Comment