Wednesday 18 November 2015

Wednesday's Weekly Write Down; Odd Time

Its an odd time to be alive really isn't it (never mind be awake). News isn't just at 9, 1, 6 & 10. So at a moments notice we will get to know anything. Social media is a 24 hour news source of personal stories from your drunken friends , your mates holiday snaps or their latest vinyl purchases (or is that just me). These feature along side real and trending news. Real news posted by real sources and trending news which is a celebrity did something, look at that thing that they did & isn't it great/not so great that they did that thing.

We have a great system culturally. We as a nation have managed to have a fashion industry that does match the size of people who are buying it, thus making the really awful word, never mind trend, of body shaming. We, allegedly have a police force that does not match the cultural areas they police in. Sorry Teresa May but there is no way to fix that. You can't force people into policing roles/jobs just to make the numbers look good. And we have a press which outright refuses to accept regulation despite knowing without it they've made mistakes. Phone hacking should of been the wake up call and Mr Leveson should of made it mandatory. Regulation improves quality of the product. It happened in the US, with lifting legal restrictions on marijuana. It drove up quality so the users got the benefits and the idiots just got out of selling because there is no need to sell legal product in back alley's. While on the subject of our Atlantic cousins, I am impressed. Both by the idiocy of some Americans who think Mr Donald Trump is a viable option for election. Probably based on the crude assumption that money equals power and power can only be a good thing when you are a gun toting, sexist, racist toupe. I am also impressed to see a left emerging in the form of Bernie Sanders. I haven't heard a man speak so much since I last watched a Michael Moore film. Dangerous words as I am aware some Americans hate both of these guys; not going to mention any names but that channel owned by Ruppert ... IT'S FOX.

After that short skip across the Atlantic we end up home, I consider this whole land mass to be my home as I never thought I would ever move away from Sunderland and as I write in in Carlisle, I am wondering whether to go back to Sunderland (where the football team is rubbish but my heart is) or to stay here or to go to the bigger city. South or North. Its all up in the air.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment