Thursday 24 December 2015

A Message to You, Christmas


Well tomorrow is the big day. No...not my wedding silly... Christmas. Have you heard of it? Have you been good? What is Santa Bringing you? Normally I would write a post right at the end of the year but expect to hear nothing more until the new year when I will be uber busy and may not get round to anything anyway...

It's been an odd year, normally I exclaim at this point that the year has gone over quickly but this year hasn't. I can't remember what happened at the beginning, or the middle and I can just about remember the end. I was reminded by a poster that I have stored at uni;
that I went to see the Lucid Dream. It feels like ages ago. Well it was ten months but I should have a better memory than that. I have been to see them guys (the Lucid Dream melted my face as did Purple Heart Parade), Sleaford Mods (great live w/two awesome supports), Courtney Barnett (I still have a crush on her w/two awesome supports), The Computers & Colt 45 (awesome), The Strypes (w/a support act better than they were), Kazabian (alright) & Resurrection (not great). We have had some amazing albums (see two posts ago for that run down).

In terms of events, two really effected me. Personally, was the floods in Carlisle it meant I could not get to uni or go anywhere in close proximity to the outskirts. As well as, mentally, the Paris attacks knocked me for six, that weekend I had gone home and that was buzzing in my head. I knew no one effected, but innocent people being shot while listening and dancing and enjoying themselves to the music they loved, hurts on a deep level.

Click the link to raise money for those effected by buying covers of the EODM song "I love you all the time; http://playitforwardeodm.com/

I saw my brother play his first gig as well as go off to uni. He doesn't know it or may not understand how proud I am of him. He has gone through; a death in the family, the stress of moving away and the nerve to stand in a room of his peers and raise the roof.  He has been through a lot more in previous years too so if you are reading this; YOUR BROTHER THINKS YOU ARE GREAT!
I went to another foreign country that I have wanted to visit for a while. Italy is a marvelous place; beautiful, hot and sunny. We went to visit the pope but he wasn't in so we had to admire the architecture of his house instead. As usual we had to find a record shop so got two punk bootlegs; of course I did. that's normal, right? It will be harder to visit next time if the brexit happens (if being the key word).
A photo posted by JamesAlexander Reay (@jamuggins) on
I think thats all i needed to cover in this brief overeview of the year; more highlights include; Moved uni house, went too NME, Mourned the death of NME,bought lots of LP's, drunk lots of beer, ate pizza. Have a great Christmas and see you on the other side of the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment