Friday 15 January 2016

ISTD; Gig Review Plus

I was never at the Lesser Free trade hall in 1976 to witness the Sex Pistols change Manchester music for many reasons.
  1. I wasn't alive.
the most compelling reason but I would love to of. For this project; I had to research a first person account of a major event and this Peter Hook was a career altering decision. I had to research it and then put it's motivations an it's energy into an exhibition space. The first time, I did it; I felt like I got a rubbish grade. But since redoing it; I am happy with it but don't know it's grade as of yet so I wait patiently. This version compared to the one I am not showing you is more extreme.

The editorial lacked any dimension to it. It was black and white like a typical punk fanzine but when the exhibition is glaring with pink and yellow and a black and white sellable item is a clash to say the least. The content is the same as before, just with the a little tweak in layout and with new colour patches. I have only used black and white for selcted spreads where they are relevant like most good designers do;


I have done the same with the exhibition space; tweaked layout, removed a bit more text and increased image size. There is now text and projections on the floor which weren't there before. The hand type has always been there but has been given a remix. This is meant to be a type project and I have only really used one typeface which seems weird and I am using it in such an unconventional. It also seems odd that most of my type is image.



No comments:

Post a Comment