Tuesday 5 April 2016

This River is Wild


Do you all remember how mad I got about the Within the walls logos I got and how far my design was off the mark compared to the final thing. Do you? Because here is example two. Down by The Riverside is due to be a festival of music by Carlisle's Riverside. The Same promotion company asked me to come up with some logos for that.

Above are the only ones I am happy with. Because on second draft the idea was diluted so much that on the third draft I was just trying make the client say yes but as with most of these stories they never do. Let's go through them and explain the merits of all of them shall we readers.

1. Nice and simple. Wavy effect of the text reminiscent of that thing water does. and the subtle touch of the R having a steam in the negative space. Green being the land (by the riverside and blue the river).

2. Slightly more mysterious. The hills and grass surrounding the lake are making a guitar shape and the water is water shaped. Vague quote of Woodstock. Green being the land (by the riverside and blue the river).

3. The Best logo, is this one, I think. In graphic design circles this would get kudos. In Music promoter circles, it's meaningless and we shouldn't hire this guy anymore.  

1 comment:

  1. Dear Mr Angry, I'm not a Graphic Designer but I think No.2 is the best, not No.3. Sorry. DJ MaR

    ReplyDelete