Friday 6 May 2016

I wouldn't normally do this sort of thing

Pet Shop Boys Quote to start proceedings tonight. Unusual but not unexpected from a PSB fan.

Anyway...Glastonbury, that festival that happens most years and this year I have entered a competition put on by the festival, this is the thing that I wouldn't normally do. I hate design competitions because they tend to be tedious and have to pay for entry. This was free and the prize is tickets to the festival and more. so made sense.

Glastonbury wanted a logo to stop people peeing on the grass. Toilets = place to pee. In front of people into a plastic beer glass that will be flung into a crowd or poured on the crowd = not the right place too pee. I pushed to be mini poster because conceptualizing/ boiling it down to a logo seemed "impossible.

As you may see I have ripped off a famous song to push the message because a lot of those who go to Glastonbury do tend to be music people so they will get the joke and appreciate it or will hate it (stupid Rockists, I am looking at you). 

I entered this two weeks ago and there is three days to go before expiration so hop to it if you want the chance to go to Glastonbury 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment