Thursday 26 May 2016

Thursday Thoughts; suprise euro-sceptic

 My name is James Reay and I am a euro-sceptic. Not because I want World War three (see David Camer-wrongs comments), not because I want to please ISIS (see Camer-wrongs comments again) or because I believe that the EU is Hitler (Bozza's comments) but because I don't think it's working out. We pay money to be part of a club that I don't see working for us. I don't agree with the rhetoric or some of the key arguments put before me.
  • Immigration is not an issue that concerns me with the EU. But Vote leave are keen to bring it up. Time and Time and Time and Time Again.
  • I am concerned about the money aspect. We spend money only to get some back so why don't we pay less up front. Is that an odd suggestion?
  • Sovereignty is an issue; laws made by people I have never met, seen or elected, making laws that get implemented whether I like them or not. 
  • The remain campaign are worried if we leave we will lose influence in the world. I couldn't care less. A quiet life not policing the world. problems or getting into illegal wars, sounds fine to me.
  • Ever closer union is worrying. A superstate Europe is a step closer to New World Order. True or not, it is a scary thought.
  • The £9.4million brochure promoting one side of the argument was a rubbish attempt to sway the vote in favour of the government. Maybe protecting Cameron's future as PM. This is money that will have to be privately funded but the opposing side. Unfair really.
These are a few thoughts on Europe. I haven't made up my mind but I am swaying leave based on the above & because haven't heard any staying in compelling staying in arguments.

Also buy my EU zine at the up and coming etc exhibition at the University of Cumbria.


Here is the Facebook event page; Free Beer & Food on the opening night; https://www.facebook.com/events/584152795094418/
Here is the face 'like' page https://www.facebook.com/Etc-1539362693035822/ 

No comments:

Post a Comment