Thursday 19 May 2016

Thursday Thoughts; This is the End


First I'd like to apologise for last Thursday. Thursday I do a weekly segment where I talk about about everything/anything but this didn't happen. I normally write each post a week in advance but forgot to schedule a post, I was too busy trying to make sure everything was in order for my final hand in..ever. Yep you heard me. Final hand in ever because I don't ever see myself doing education again. It's only theory from here on out and I am no good at that. I'm also a practitioner, doing work for other people.

I have spent three years doing work for the same group of people, some work good, some work rubbish. Sharing a work space with the same bunch of 40 people. I like most of them and it's scary to say that in a few weeks I will say bye for the last time. This also applies to the 2nd years that I have become friends with. (if the is a missing m in this text it's because that key is sticking on my laptop).

I have enjoyed my time at uni but I think its because of the company that I have kept not because of the teaching. I have liked most of it but it has been inconsistent. Good projects matched with build a dog inspired by architecture or do a brief that you have to pay for the privilege to submit. If you are reading this team grillust take note.

I look forward to getting a foot in industry but it is very scary; I have gone as far as I want to with education which has taken up most of my life so far so not to have the safety net of the education system is an unknown, I have not known this.

I will leave you with this thought; it was a £9000 a year adventure that my family didn't think I'd take. I have learnt a lot, my family are proud of me and my brother is following in my footsteps (and doing a better job of it...maybe)

For a vaguely chronological story of me at uni; see below

No comments:

Post a Comment