Friday 16 September 2016

Advice No One Asked For...

What did you learn at uni? Well...

A few months ago I looked at all of my uni notebooks and found so much good advice, that I had forgotten about or just not take and thought it would be good to share these. But Scanning in my scribble and making people log onto my blog to read them sounded redundant so I wanted to make them pretty and here we are.

I have been trying this projects for a few months but couldn't get it right so I made this a one day  challenge to get it done. I have succeeded. I initially tried to make it like the work of Kate Moross and it looked just like I was ripping her off (that's not what I like to do). So a shift around was needed. I tried again by taking her as a inspiration stylistically, not as a source to be plundered.

Here we are using hand type (digitally); using the pen tool and simple bright colours. I used my handwriting quirk of using both upper and lower case at the same height as I did with the INVRTD typeface. I think they almost look kitsch in someway.

No comments:

Post a Comment