Friday 25 November 2016

It was all a dream...

 Last week, before I woke up, I had a great yet strange dream. The dream started in first person, me sat in green garden chair in a yet undisclosed backstage area in the sun with a can of unknown beer. Suddenly the Kaiser Chiefs appear and the drummer hasn't turned up to the gig and they don't want to let the fans down so ask me if I will drum with them. Suddenly I am on stage with the band at a festival and me drumming for one of my fave bands of my teens. Ricky keeps looking over at me with a glimmer in his eyes saying well done and thank you.
Off with Their Heads; great album
BBC; great great live band
Suddenly the same happens with Bombay bicycle club, I am on stage with their lead singer, Jack Steadman. Looking at me like Ricky. That's over as soon as it began and I find myself at the kit again. Next to me is a Volca beats drum machine and I press play. I start a song and it's a song I know it so instead of turning it off like a good roadie or a curious drummer, I get up and sing it. I recall it being Brass in Pocket, Pretenders songs. Now I can't sing by any stretch of the imagination but I give it ago. Then I look to the other side of the stage Chrissie Hynde joins me on stage and instead of shouting at me, we duet. " Now I am gonna make you see, nobody else here no one like me, I'm special, special, so special, I'm gonna have some of your attention, give it to me"

My dad has a Portuguese pressing of this...somehow
After this, I walk home. It turns out, I was playing a music festival at my second primary school field. I was congratulated by various children for my performance on stage. I couldn't understand how the Kaiser Chiefs were below Bombay bicycle club on the bill. What was I doing there? Was I with Back to Basics (my band) as part of the Redby primary school alumni project? What was Chrissie Hynde doing there? Was it a Pretenders or a solo show? As you can tell I left the dream with more questions than I had answered.

I might of learnt more had I not heard "Beep beep beep beep beep" of my alarm. I wish I didn't want myself awake that early. Gosh Darn it. I never learnt who the headline act was. I doubt it would of been The Pretenders. But then again none of this was real.
This is the offending clock

No comments:

Post a Comment