Wednesday 15 February 2017

HouseSkewed

I had never heard of Mac Demarco's ex guitarists downtempo hip hop based side project Homeshake until I met Charlie Dancer (the man responsible for Beyond the Wall promotions). He is the fountain of knowledge on the subject and was really excited when he managed to book the band for the tank of dreams.

I have a habit of taking gig poster opportunities too literally but it seemed appropriate at this juncture. A lot of agents prefer that you use the image provided but I jumped the gun with this one and did it before any image was provided.

Technically this house has been liquified and skewed but that doesn't sound as catchy as shaken. It is quite hard to find to find a license free image off a house without doing some digging or cropping. However the text is the thing I am most proud of on these posters. I personally arranged each letter of every word on this thing. Yes I know that it looks odd but that is the appeal of it to me.


The above was sent off to the agent and was rejected so the below was made. However, I had a the same problem with the Avalanche Party: The image that was provided was short and long. So I ended up with this awkward crop but that's okay. It's got a deer's butt and sexy type slapped on it. What more could you want.



No comments:

Post a Comment