Tuesday 7 February 2017

Saturday Night Fever Man

It's seems to be a challenge set my close friend Vincent, when he gets that email through to design a poster for the All Metal Tribute to the Bee Gee's and Beyond, he tries to make it the most interesting/ eye boggling visual terror fest you can think of. He has made two of these so far and both are great to look at. Frankly they also suit the band down to the ground having seen them based on the back of the first poster he did.

Above posters taken without express permission from the great and awesome graphic designer and good friend of mine (www.vincentwalden.com)

When I was given the option to produce one I rubbed my hands with glee. I was going to make the worlds greatest poster for an All Metal Tribute to the Bee Gee's and Beyond. It didn't turn out that way but it is most certainly off the wall and different. 

I started with Saturday Night Fever man in his 'classic' pose from that film I haven't seen but couldn't think of anything to do with him. He was upside down, downside up. Then I just tucked him in the corner and put explosions behind him, sorry I mean star shapes. 

Then I had no idea what to do with the title (looking back I could of used a better/more appropriate font) . So in came a gradient, stretched it and tilted it within reason (of course) . Then I just tucked the other text in where I could find space. 

 It's not finessed in the slightest, it looks Clunky and odd but I suppose it'll stand out in a see of bland posters.

No comments:

Post a Comment