Thursday 30 March 2017

a Fiver for a can of Brewdog!

Jim and William Reid of the band The Jesus and Mary Chain are responsible for the downfall of project five a day. The bands tour came to town a week ago today and it happened to fall on the day that over the course of the day I had only manage to listen to one and a half albums. The great Goldie lookin' Chain and half of the unexpected Drutti Column album.


The brothers and the band are one of my favourite bands of all time (the best is obviously The Clash) so I didn't want to miss it. Nor did I want to give up on my project. I thought of having a catch up day on the Saturday but regardless I had still failed to stick with it thus the plug was pulled.

This was further evidenced when I tried to listen to The Mary Chain's new album the following morning and failed to complete it. I had been completely out done. I was Cracking Up.  I wasn't sidewalking with this album. (That's enough, James) Some Pyschocandy might of fixed the problem. This decision wasn't automatic. But I was looking April Skies so I didn't need a Mary Chain amputation. (You're Fired, James)

Listen to me!
and me!
 Music reviews will now feature irregularly along side all the usual great design content, rants about stuff and things (them last two are the most important). However in terms of design, I have some gig posters I really want to show you as well as a single cover that nearly was and what I think Michael Beirut. Meanwhile here is a video of the shows highlight for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment